After yesterday’s column mentioning press releases that were poorly targeted, I made a list of the headlines sent my way recently. None of them have anything to do with what my magazines cover. Even though the summer months are light for news submissions, I still received quite a few. For some of them I am not even sure what they mean. Here is what I received this week in a 48-hour span:
- Free Portal for Telemetry Applications
- HRchitect Consultant Named IHRIM Member of the Year
- Farmers Insurance Group® Puts Some‘Bite’ In Automobile Insurance In Michigan
- Fujitsu Named Finalist for NXTcomm Eos Award
- Conmio and TietoEnator build mobile Internet Service for Finnish mobile operator
- Unified Communications Magazine Honors Interactive Intelligence with TMC Labs 2008Innovation Award
- ET Can Now Phone Home
- IP5280 VoIP Provider named finalist for Best Company to Work For in Colorado
- 3 Things Every Parent Needs to Know About Kids and Cell Phones
- Exanet & Datrox Bring Revolutionary Storage Technology to Media & Entertainment Companies
- Detroit Area Foreclosures Slow In May 2008
- India and China Becoming Major Centers of Pharmaceutical R&D
- AutoTrader.com Named “Innovator of the Year” During Verint Systems’ 2008 Customer Conference
- Wireless Mundi Receives International Patent Application on Integrated Voice & Data Communication
- DataCore Software Partner Interware Systems Makes DataCore the Foundation of Its Total Enterprise Virtualization Practice
- Three Sequencing Companies Join 1000Genome Project
- PerfectSoftware® and the workplace HELPLINE® announce strategic partnership
- Fujitsu Announces Connection-Oriented Ethernet Transport for their Packet Optical Networking Platforms
- Perfect Software to offer expert employment law advice through its HR and Payroll software.
- Social Software Frequently Lacking in System / Administrative Services
If you’re a bit perplexed by these headlines, let me give you one more thing to contemplate: Someone was paid to write and email them to me. What a waste of time and money.
[Read more curious headlines]
Wordsmith Peter DeHaan is a magazine publisher by day and a writer by night. Visit peterdehaan.com to receive his newsletter, read his blog, or connect on social media.